Sorinex's Summer Strong 10 will be held at Sorinex HQ from Friday May 19th to Sunday May 21st.
This annual event draws a few hundred people to watch competitors perform feats of strength & learn from top Athletes and Athletic Trainers in the fitness industry. Whether you're an entry-level or top-tier athlete, we want to see what you've got! There are no certifications required, ANY entrant can compete.
SUMMER STRONG 10 Events
10 minute power lift meet
Athlete will have 10 minutes to establish a 1 rep max on 3 movements: dead lift, bench press and back squat. At the end of the 10 minutes, judge will use Wilks Calculator to establish score.
Dead lift: Weight must start on the floor and reach full extension at the top. The bar must be set back on the floor. The rep will not count if dropped from the top. Belts are allowed and any grip can be used. No lifting straps.
Bench press: Bar must touch chest and fully lock out at top. No bouncing or bench shirts allowed. Athlete may use wrist wraps.
Back squat: At the bottom of the squat, athlete must be at or below parallel, then stand up with hips fully extended. Knee wraps are allowed.
Standing Broad Jump
- Total distance on best attempt.
- Measured from start line to the closet body part of landing.
- Do not have to "stick" the landing. If athlete falls, must fall forward.
- Start and finish with 2 feet.
- 3 attempts.
Concept 2 Rower
- 2000m for time. 10 minute time cap.
- Damper must be set to 10.
- 1 attempt.
- Athlete can start in either direction. Hand must be on the line.
- Athlete must touch the turf at each turnaround.
- Time starts on first movement and ends when you pass the final cone.
- 3 attempts
- 20#/14# med ball put/push.
- Athlete must stay in the box.
- Can use 1 or 2 hands.
- No overhead or underhand throws.
- 3 attempts.
Carry 40 yards distance. Clocked for time. CMBs must be moved from the designated tiles to their corresponding finishing spot 40 yards away. Each pair of CMBs must be placed entirely on it's designated tile. Time will start with the first lift-off and finish when each weight has been moved and placed correctly on the appropriate landing zone. Carrying can be done in any position using one hand per bell (briefcase, front rack, shoulder, overhead).
- Female: (2 of each) 30, 40, 50, 60, 70
- Male: (2 of each) 60, 70, 80, 90, 100