Ingrid Marcum is a dual national team athlete, splitting her time between the U.S. bobsled team and the U.S. weightlifting team. Marcum was named the 2009 U.S. National Champion in the 75 kilo class, adding to her success in 2003 when she won the 69k snatch at 2003 National Championships. Marcum continues to compete in both weighlifting and bobsledding, and recently competing in the 2008 Olympic trials.
She began her athletic career as a gymnast at the local YMCA before she was 2 years old! She started competing at the age of 8 and competed for the YMCA, Illinois Gymnastics Institute, and finally the College of William and Mary where she earned a BBA in Marketing.
Ingrid Marcum, CSCS
17 years in the industry - as a strength coach, personal trainer, fitness & programming director, studio owner and international speaker & educator:
· Owner and lead trainer, BGB Fitness: Better Get Better, Elmhurst, IL
· Battling Ropes certification instructor and Director of Programming
· Course creator, lead instructor, bodyweight training and hand balancing course, MoveStrong
· Lead course instructor, CrossFit olympic lifting specialty course
· Presenter, Perform Better Training Summit, Perform Better Europe Training Summit, IDEA World, NSCA, CPTN
· Head strength coach, women’s US National Field Hockey Team 2002 -2003
· Head strength coach, women's U-21 National Field Hockey Team 2001 - 2003
· Division I collegiate strength coach, The College of William and Mary 1999 - 2002
· Training DVDs – Hurricane Ingrid, Battling Ropes Partner and Team Training and Mastery of Physical Prowess
· Master Trainer, MoveStrong
· Reference Panel, Operation Pull Your Own Weight (OPYOW)
· Former US Bobsled World Team member and 2006 and 2010 Olympic Bobsled Team alternate
· 2009 USA Weightlifting National Champion
· USA Weightlifting Olympic Trials 2004 and 2008
· 2011 IHGF World Amateur Highland Games, winner of 3 individual events
· High level gymnast, 20 years, including D1 collegiate gymnastics
register for SUMMER STRONG 8 TODAY!